A neighbor recently asked me to make a card for a little boy who was recovering from surgery. When I asked her to tell me what he likes, she mentioned Elmo. Well, I certainly didn’t have any stamps for that but knew I could probably piece together something using punches. What do you think? Elmo?
Design Notes for Punch Art Elmo Card:
Well, to be honest, Elmo is really a combination of punches and die cuts:
- Hair: Lakeside Framelits, Basic Black card stock
- Face: Layering Ovals Framelits, Pumpkin Pie card stock. I also used the Subtles Embossing folder to give it a little texture.
- Mouth, (Trimmed) Layering Ovals Framelit, Real Red card stock
- Ears: 1″ Circle Punch, Pumpkin Pie card stock
- Nose: Layering Circles Framelits, Pumpkin Pie card stock (I laid the card stock on the Pumpkin Pie ink pad to darken it.)
Since green is the little guy’s favorite color, I used Call Me Clover card stock for the background and embossed it with the Seaside Embossing folder.
On the inside, I used Real Red ink and the En Route stamp set.
Supply List for Punch Art Elmo Card:
This and That:
Remember, that Sale-A-Bration is still going on. All you need to do is purchase $50 and you earn an item from the Sale-A-Bration brochure. Yea!
Here’s a link for the Sale-A-Bration brochure.
Ready to order? Just click on any of the images in the Supply List and that will take you to my 24-7 on-line store. Remember to use this month’s Host Code, KF3FW4VB. If your order is $50 or more, I’ll send along a little gift including a hand crafted card. Oh and then you will qualify for a Sale-A-Bration item. Winner! Winner!
Do you receive my blog posts by email? I hope so. What about my Newsletter? Just sign up by clicking on the icon below. Be sure to sign up for blog posts and Newsletters.
Are you a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber? Just click here to sign up!
You should subscribe to my YouTube site! Just click here.
Need a catalog? I’d be happy to get one to you, just email me at [email protected]
Thanks for stopping by today.